After graduating from the SIUE School of Pharmacy in 2013, Harry first stepped into the pharmacy profession with Walgreens as a floating pharmacist, filling in at stores that needed staff from Quincy all the way to Carbondale. In 2014, a mid-Illinois independent pharmacy chain had an opportunity to learn about more direct patient care for communities. Working with local physicians and community groups, Harry was able to participate and help organize health fairs and vaccination clinics throughout Macoupin county.
In fall 2017, at an Illinois Pharmacist Association convention, Harry met with the former owner, Gary Ceretto, who started Maryville Pharmacy back in December 1976. Harry joined the Maryville Pharmacy staff in March 2018 and working with Gary and his family ultimately took over the pharmacy in October 2019.
Since then, Harry and Catherine have been working hard through the COVID pandemic and beyond to continue the Maryville Pharmacy legacy into the next generation, continuing the small town feel and personal connection Gary created along with updated services and more opportunities for our pharmacy to help a larger community.
- CPESN / I-CPEN – Community Pharmacy and Enhanced Service Network Luminary
- Illinois Pharmacists Association – Current Secretary (2017)
- Metro East Pharmacists Association – Current Board Member (2019)
- SIUE School of Pharmacy Alumni Association - Past Chair (2018)
- SIUE School of Pharmacy – Dean Advisory Board Member
- Troy-Maryville-St. Jacob Chamber of Commerce
- Kiwanis, Maryville Chapter
- Gateway East Pharmacy Association
- NCPA – National Community Pharmacists Association
- PCCA – Professional Compounding College of America
- ACA – American College of Apothecaries
- National Federation of Independent Business
Honors have included:
- Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award – Illinois Pharmacists Association, 2017
- Diabetes Clinical Management Certificate, American Pharmacists Association, 2016
- Published “SR-135, a peroxynitrite decomposing catalyst, enhances beta-cell function and survival in B6D2F1 mice fed a high fat diet.” In Arch Biochem Biophys. (PMID 25935364)
- Published “East Meets West: An Infection Disease Case” in National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science (http://goo.gl/YNsEiD)
- Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support Certificate, American Red Cross / American Heart Association
- Pharmacist Immunization Delivery Certificate, American Pharmacists Association
- Pharmacy Informatics and Technology Certificate, Saint Louis University, 2014
- Doctorate of Pharmacy, SIUE School of Pharmacy, 2013